We all have a laundry list of all the steps to the perfect event. All pre and post event functions are more or less set from the onset. Usually there is always a hiccup or two which may blindside us and cause the event to be less successful than it could be. Here are a few things to look out for and ensure your event is the best that it could be.
- DON’T cut corners in the hopes of saving a quick buck! This will only cheapen the quality of the event and may cost you a client in the end.
- DON’T rely on the venue’s WI-FI service. It may not work on the event day, so be smart and bring your own.
- DON’T settle for the cheapest booze. If money is tight, why not rent nicer glasses and serve punches or sparkling wine to add the illusion of champagne and higher end cocktails. A much nicer touch.
- DON’T worry about pleasing every single person. It is impossible. Stick to client brief and ensure its your best work.
- DON’T forget name tags. Sets a professional tone.
- DON’T be a buzz kill. Loosen up on the day and help make some memories which will not involve an uptight planner sulking over the melting centrepieces.
- DON’T hire your friends just because they are your friends. Seek out suppliers who deliver on time and quality merch.
- DON’T ever try to do everything yourself. Events take a lot of planning and need to properly organised for them to work.